Hello from a brand new grandfather

HarryHawk

Recycles dryer sheets
Greetings,

My name is Harry. Just celebrated the best Christmas every, my son and daughter-in-law just had a baby girl on Dec 19, our first grandchild.

I am 59 soon to be 60 and have been retired from formal retirement since 2018.

I use a great advisor to manage the bulk of my assets, but also enjoy dabbling a bit on the sideline on my own.

My wife and I live a comfortable but frugal life. I am looking forward to spoiling our new granddaughter.

I look forward to taking advantage of your collective wisdom and knowledge.

Welcome to the Forum, Harry and also welcome to the BEST club in the world...Grandparents Club! That is wonderful.
Glad to hear things are going well for you and that you have a great FA.
All the best for a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Brian

Welcome HarryHawk. Congrats on the grandbaby.

Good morning, congratulations and welcome Harry. I celebrated 10 years of being a member of that club on Dec.1 my DGD is the apple of my eye and my DD will tell you very fast that she lost her place there.

Good morning, congratulations and welcome Harry. I celebrated 10 years of being a member of that club on Dec.1 my DGD is the apple of my eye and my DD will tell you very fast that she lost her place there.

Nice post and congrats to you Harry.

Congratulations Grandpa! I have a four year old grandson and grand twins that are three (boy and girl). They all live nearby and were all here for Christmas. They will light up your life in ways you never imagined!
Financially, we set up 529 plans for each of the grandkids and also a custodial brokerage account with a couple of Schwab ETFs.
Enjoy watching them grow!

Congratulations, Harry! And welcome to E-R.org.

We have 2 grandsons, 3 years old and 4 months. We enjoy them SO MUCH! They live just a mile away and we see them all the time.

When my kids were little, if they fell asleep I'd put them down and try to get something done. Not with the grandbabies, I want to hold them and stare at them and appreciate them. I know how fast they grow and change.

For a long time we assumed we'd never have grandchildren. Our sons never told us about dating anyone. And then our younger son met someone and had a very long distance texting friendship with her for a year. She came here for a visit and within weeks they were engaged and married two months later.

When they started a family we were so thrilled for them but also for us because we didn't know if we'd ever be grandparents. We were 63 when the first one was born.

Enjoy every minute with the granddaughter!

Congratulations, Harry! And welcome to E-R.org.

When they started a family we were so thrilled for them but also for us because we didn't know if we'd ever be grandparents. We were 63 when the first one was born.

Enjoy every minute with the granddaughter!

Very similar situation with us. Both my son and daughter-in-law are physicians, plus my son has a master's degree in education. So there was alot of time spent in school, residency, and getting established which kept both my son and daughter-in-law very busy. So they got a late start in having a child. They really couldn't afford to wait (agewise) much longer, so it was sort of now or never.

My daughter-in-law had a very complicated pregnancy, so it was very stressful waiting to see how things would turn out. Due to the complications, D-i-L had a c-section at 35 weeks, so the baby was premature. Fortunately, we were blessed with a perfect little girl. She was small so had to stay in an incubator for ten days, just to control her body temperature. She came home today.

Her birth and coming home was the best early and late Christmas present ever.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the grand baby.
Hope to hear more from you.
Best way to Blow the Dough is on DGKs!

Back
Top Bottom