Hello from Connecticut. ER coming up soon...

SteveNU

Recycles dryer sheets
Been lurking for a while but now its time to get into the details of my ER planning so wanted to introduce myself.

I'm 54, DW is 50.

We have one kid left at home and he just started college this fall. He is going to the local community college for a few years so he can figure out what he wants to do. Cash flowing the college expenses right now but hopefully he will get a JOB so he can take that expense over soon. The other two kids are in good shape with careers in fields where they can always find work so no problems there:dance:

Hoping to pull the plug in 2013-2014 as I will be eligible for a DB pension non COLA in about 2 years. DW will work until 55 then she will be eligible for a small pension. Pensions should cover basic living expenses and 401K/IRAs/SS will throw off enough to give us some play money.

We are starting to think about where we want to go when DW retires. New Hampshire looks like the most likely place as her family is there and the quality of life /tax burden is favorable there for us.

I already spend way too much time here on the forum. The wisdom and knowledge of the members here is inspiring and is helping me lay out the details of my ER plan so my thanks to all.:)

Hi SteveNU, welcome to the forum.

I already spend way too much time here on the forum. The wisdom and knowledge of the members here is inspiring and is helping me lay out the details of my ER plan so my thanks to all.:)

You are probably spending just the right amount of time here. This forum helped me make it through a many dark days back when I was still w*rking. I have to concur with your evaluation of the members. They have helped me a lot over the years - even when I was only lurking.

Welcome!

Welcome! Glad you found the forum. I found it about a year ago and it has helped immensely.

Welcome aboard, this is indeed a helpful forum if my experience is any indication. Wife's family is from RI & VT, New England is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom