Hello, just turned 25 and starting early.

Effect

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello everyone. Just though I'd introduce myself. Just turned 25 this past April and last week I decided to open a Roth IRA. I've just finished graduate school and currently working full time (paying student loans and other bills). Not making the best money since it's my first job but I figure get experience and I'll be able to command more money later on. Still I figured it would be best to start preparing for the future now. I already have a 403(b) at work though I'm paying less into that each month then I will be paying into the IRA. Might be seeing if I can change how I have that with due to fees, etc.

I tried messing around with buying stocks and mutual funds earlier in the year but decided it wasn't for me. Prepare for the future and maybe I could retire early seemed like the better bet instead of trying to get rich quick by messing around with the stock market. So here I am.

I tried messing around with buying stocks and mutual funds earlier in the year but decided it wasn't for me. Prepare for the future and maybe I could retire early seemed like the better bet instead of trying to get rich quick by messing around with the stock market. So here I am.

Unfortunately very few of us have or will be able to retire early without taking some risk, be it in the stock market, the real estate market or a business venture... Most of us on this board don't see the stock market as a get rich quick scheme, we see it a long term growth instrument that allows us to grow our money in our working years and keep up with inflation in retirement.

Back
Top Bottom