Help identifying the paper type

statsman

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Sorry about the poor quality of the image. I am trying to identify the following pad of paper, which I believe is an old-style engineering paper. For perspective, the vertical red lines are spaced 0.5" apart, and the pad is the standard 8.5"x11" size. There is a good chance this paper isn't available anymore. Thanks.

Uzc64lR.jpeg

Xb1R6MS

Looks like an old school paper spreadsheet, so I'd guess it's more for financials. Can't see the right edge, but it looks like maybe 13 columns, one for each month and the year total? Maybe the 5 holes is a clue. Find out how a 5 ring binder was used.

Looks like an old school paper spreadsheet, so I'd guess it's more for financials. Can't see the right edge, but it looks like maybe 13 columns, one for each month and the year total? Maybe the 5 holes is a clue. Find out how a 5 ring binder was used.

Would defiantly be for a number type spread sheet or the columns would be much wider.

I think engineering paper would have square grids.

Were you just looking to identify it? Or, did you want to try to buy more?

$9.00 a pad? Going to have to go through my father's office supplies in his boxes of engineering design stuff in the garage from the 70's and early 80's. Sell it on E-bay or something. Anyone need a drafting table from the 60's or earlier?

Were you just looking to identify it? Or, did you want to try to buy more?
I was mostly curious if it were still available or one similar to it. I used this paper so much while working (programming, analyzing data, etc.) that I found myself using it at home for similar tasks.

When our company shut down a building we moved from, some items were set aside to be trashed. I found ten pads of this paper still shrink-wrapped that I was allowed to take with me. Some of the pads were used at work.

When I left work (or more accurately, when they kicked me out the door), I took the remainder home since the company stopped supplying this paper many years prior.

I have one more pad left after the one I photographed. I was wondering what I would move to next if I couldn't find a similar replacement. I can't speak for others, but I find myself more creative when I am writing on paper rather than typing on a computer.

Last edited:
Those used to be called data pads and come in a number of column varieties (8, 12, etc).

Tops still makes a 12 column variety - google ;)

You can always draw the lines with Excel and then print out the blank ruled sheets...

Back
Top Bottom