Hi from Florida

pugmom

Recycles dryer sheets
My name is Lauren... I have been reading for a while, but finally decided to jump in...
I retired 2 years ago and although I believe I am pretty well set financially for retirement, I will turn 65 next year and will doubtless have other questions about things such as Medicare and Social Security.

I also like that the members here are knowledgeable about lots of other topics besides finance!

Welcome out of the shadows. There is a lot of great information available on the forum here from all the members.

Pretty name. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome Pugmom,
Most of us use a username, because we often give a lot of personal information and try to remain anonymous.
You will be 65 soon so your decision as to whether to get a Part B plan or an advantage plan has to be made. I went with Part B, because my doc doesn't work with advantage plans and I just think it has better coverage. There are some here that have advantage plans. I'm sure there is a thread or two discussing the pros and cons, some one may put in a link.
Then on when to take SS. What are your genes like? Do you have enough networth to live to 70 without SS? Just some questions to spur thoughts.

Welcome!
This forum is a great place to be, with much valuable information available from knowledgeable members.

Thanks all

I have lived in SW FL for about 13 years...

I will be going with the UHC supplement. My husband has it and it has been great. I don't really take any prescription meds, so I plan to take a cheap part D plan.

We usually have a SWFL get-together each year. Last one was in Sarasota in Feb 2020. Didn't in 2021 due to covid, but stay tuned.

Beat me to it.
Yes welcome to our wonderful forum. Our get togethers are really a lot of fun.
I hope you can make it next year.

Can someone tell me how to post a new question? I can't figure it out!

Back
Top Bottom