Hi We're Schroeder's Mom and Dad

Welcome to the forum, Schroeder's mom&dad:D, very long name, BTW.
I think I cannot contribute anything specific, but a few observations/suggestions:

- The bus route sounds terrific for the insurance. Do both of you have to drive in order to get coverage or can your DH drive and both be insured? If you must drive too, won't it interfer your work from home?

- I bet you'd get much better feedback if you posted your annual or monthly expenses. You must eat and heat your house, maintain cars and house, etc. Your OP tells only a small portion of the expense budget. Also, what about the expense budget for your bestever dog?:flowers:

- If you're both frugal people, would it be an option to delay taking SS? I don't understand how SS works myself yet (or if it will out there for me in 30 years), but I've read that the payout grows 8%/year for each delayed year. Not sure if you still have to be employed to get this 8% growth...

- Having your son to help you with the investments has pros and cons. So, not sure what I'd do here.

Hello SM and D! I didn't see you quoting your monthly expenses. That is a must to determine your financial flexibility. Concerning the old bus route idea. Most schools allow the spouse to buy into the insurance. You might want to see what the spousal premium is if you can convince your spouse to drive. If it was reasonable, you could pay the $38 for him and use the bus driver salary to pay for the other premium so only one would have to work! You mentioned a small town so those bus jobs aren't really that bad of a gig. The only problems I see is the short morning and afternoon shifts chew up your free time leaving only some midday gap time to be free. You might need to be a morning riser! Of course you know most people don't get rich on these jobs. The one thing that will hurt you I imagine is the tax rate on your bus salary will be gigged pretty good because of your other income added to it. So what Im saying is you might have a low paying job taxed at a higher job income because of the tax bracket you will be in.

When I first saw the title, I thought it said "Schroedinger'smomanddad." But that would mean you owned Schroedinger's dog! :LOL: [maybe he got rid of his cat].

Amethyst

Schroeder is our miniature schnauzer; the best dog on this planet. Lol

Amethyst said:
When I first saw the title, I thought it said "Schroedinger'smomanddad." But that would mean you owned Schroedinger's dog! :LOL: [maybe he got rid of his cat].

Hmmm... Did anyone look?

Collapse the function!

Back
Top Bottom