Hot Dogs!

As someone who as actually participated in amateur eating contests (and won!), I am fascinated and always watch. No gagging.

I'd estimate that I could easily down 12 dogs. Maybe a few more. I would not even qualify for the Nathans contest.

One of my amateur wins was against my startup CEO in a pancake eating contest. We both took it way too seriously. But I beat him! A few weeks later the board of directors fired him.

Wah, wah, wah....

(And no, firing had nothing to do with the contest, ha ha.)

So what do these professional eaters do after the contest? Do they force it all back out?

None of them look overly obese, and I would imagine that the body might go into some sort of shock/seizure since it's not designed to handle that much digestion at once.

And it would be a test of modern plumbing after a few hours.:cool:

_B

So what do these professional eaters do after the contest? Do they force it all back out?

None of them look overly obese, and I would imagine that the body might go into some sort of shock/seizure since it's not designed to handle that much digestion at once.

And it would be a test of modern plumbing after a few hours.:cool:

_B

I don't believe they force it back out through regurgitation.

I don't believe they force it back out through regurgitation.

How they deal with is probably a personal and closely guarded secret. They don't want any amateurs learning how to beat them next time.

The contest that amaze me are the people eating truly hot peppers. I couldn't do that (well, I couldn't eat more than a couple of hot dogs, either.)

I say this with respect and no irony and all seriousness:

"They are professionals."

Joey and company deal with this in very specific ways. This is not random.

I'll leave the google searching for you. Training and post-event situations are covered. This is a real thing and staying healthy while also subjecting yourself to this madness is very much a consideration for top eaters.

Last edited:
I say this with respect and no irony and all seriousness:

"They are professionals."

Joey and company deal with this in very specific ways. This is not random.

I'll leave the google searching for you. Training and post-event situations are covered. This is a real thing and staying healthy while also subjecting yourself to this madness is very much a consideration for top eaters.

Honestly, I don't want to know!:blush:

I'm amazed at their talent, but then again, I'm fascinated by sword swallowers and fire eaters, but don't really care how the sausage is made.:LOL:

How they deal with is probably a personal and closely guarded secret. They don't want any amateurs learning how to beat them next time.

The contest that amaze me are the people eating truly hot peppers. I couldn't do that (well, I couldn't eat more than a couple of hot dogs, either.)

Not in a contest, but I have tried most of the super hot peppers (Carolina Reaper, Ghost, Scorpion, etc).
My tongue was on fire for about 10-15 minutes each time.

The carnival barker promoter during the event was so over the top it actually became mildly amusing. Which I’m sure was the point. I found the whole event gross to watch but also fascinating.
Eating the hot dogs doesn’t seem so bad. But soaking the buns and smooshing wet bread down your mouth is nasty.
Certainly glad the Brit didn’t win and the July 4th title remains amongst the colonists.

Love the humor here.
I can't watch eating contests, makes me gag.
I hope they have EMTs nearby in case someone chokes :-(

One Nathans with ketchup, mustard, sweet relish and sauerkraut--now that's a good meal!

I can't watch them either.

Ronstar, those dogs look delicious!!!! Great Picture also.

I’m surprised nobody ripped their stomach wide open! Hold 62 hotdogs in your hands….olalala

Back
Top Bottom