How do you get the Courage?

I carried this around in my briefcase for a couple years before bailing .... enjoy!

Comfort Zone

I used to have a comfort zone
Where I knew I couldn't fail.
The same four walls of busy work,
Where really like a jail.

I longed so much to do the things,
I’d never done before.
But I stayed inside my comfort zone,
And paced the same old floor.

I claimed to be so busy,
With things inside my zone.
But deep inside I longed for
Something special of my own.

I couldn’t let my life go by,
Just watching others win.
I held my breath and stepped outside
To let the change begin.

I took a step and with new strength
I’d never felt before,
I kissed my comfort zone goodbye
And closed and locked the door.

If you are in a comfort zone,
Afraid to venture out,
Remember that all winners were
At one time filled with doubt.

A step or two and words of praise,
Can make your dreams come true.
Greet your future with a smile,
Success is there for you!

For me I got tired of the BS. I'd worked for many years with competent management. When they were no longer around, I had a hard time working for total id10ts. I've probably got an ego issue, I know I mostly made my managers look good. Why would I do that for political backstabbing fools.

Part came from my wife's condition that caused me to go on intermittent FMLA. While my manager was supportive, my two local coworkers were complete a$$holes about it. One actually told me I was useless, shouldn't be allowed to leave, unscheduled, due to wife's illness.

After my 2013 meeting with Fidelity, my decision was down to what date I gave my notice.

MRG

Here is what I would do:
1. Visualize your life now, do you enjoy it?
2. Picture your life retired and your girlfriend still working, would both of you enjoy it?
3. Picture your life when both are retired with more money and able to drive nicer cars, take more vacations, eat out more often.....does that appeal to you more?
Let me add a 4th.....when do you unload the apartments because you're tired of working on them......they need majoy updating. or you just want to move your equity into cash and safely invest it. The good news is these appear to all be YOUR choice.....you have earned the financial freedom to choose....Congratulations.....and finally, does your girl friend have a strong opinion on what choices you make.......I'd make sure she is very comfortable with your decision. Good Luck!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom