Votes: 35 35.7%

Votes: 35 35.7%

Votes: 11 11.2%

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 9 9.2%

• Total voters
Just one. USAA FSB

I write very few paper checks. Almost all are either to the school for our son's lunch account or for gifts (birthday, etc.) for nieces, nephews, etc.

I have one checking account at a nearby brick and mortar bank.

All of my bills are on automatic debit, except insurance and property tax, both of which I pay online. Last month was typical - - I wrote three checks, all three for groceries.

I have two. My system for tracking spending is that I use one account for spending only, and the other for transfers between other financial accounts that don't involve spending. Then at the end of the year my spending is exactly the amount that I had deposited into the spending account.

Waaaay too many. Before we RE'd, our local business accepted checks from the locals. It was much easier depositing the checks back into the originating banks. The tellers could tell me in advance which checks would bounce. Avoided a lot of bank fees that way.

Slowly getting rid of them...

Just one. USAA FSB

I write very few paper checks. Almost all are either to the school for our son's lunch account or for gifts (birthday, etc.) for nieces, nephews, etc.

Birthday and Christmas Checks used to be our mode too. Now since many of the Gift Cards have no fees and never expire I am starting to move to them in lieu of the checks. Like yesterday, I bought 2 for my twin grandsons and in addition to them getting full face value I received $.40 off of a tank full of gas (which I purchased with my PENFED 5% off gas VISA Card) and a $10 instant cash bonus at the food store where I purchased them. Received $117.50 for my $100.00 (17.5% return, instantly).

I have two. My system for tracking spending is that I use one account for spending only, and the other for transfers between other financial accounts that don't involve spending. Then at the end of the year my spending is exactly the amount that I had deposited into the spending account.

I am doing something similar- all bills get paid thru one account.

Bills that go away, -mortgage, IRAs, cars- are paid thru another account. The goal is to track the expenses in the first account because that is the money which needs to be replaced for retirement purposes.

Didn't vote but I have 7 checkbooks that access different accounts. Personal accounts cover 3 (a credit union, a bank, a MM sweep from brokerage). Then two on a trust I administer. Then one for the Cub Scouts (treasurer), and one for my son's soccer team (manager).
All this keeps me busy in retirement.

RE2Boys

Two, both joint.

One for the credit union where I used to work, also tied to the savings acct. there. The retirement income is direct deposited to the checking and I transfer to/from savings as needed online. Mostly to savings now since I started working again.

The other one we opened just for the local ATM machines - BB&T has them all over around here. Now the income from my job is direct deposited there.

Back
Top Bottom