How to survive being in such job circumstances?

Zolitoo

Dryer sheet wannabe
In brief, how to survive being in a job that you hate and working daily with coworkers whose are bullying me, tricky, evil, ridiculous......etc.

This really started to affect me physically and mentally.

I can really afford being in a job I hate but with kind and friendly colleagues which may decrease the stress to the minimum but unfortunately it is not the case.

Well, quitting a job is practically really very easy, it is a piece of paper with my resignation will be signed and that is it, but the problem in this situation is always how I will pay my phone bill by the end of the month, putting into consideration that finding a new job is not easy and will not come by just pushing a button.

May be also many others suffer from the same, but I really feel that I am the most miserable person on the earth.

It really feels like I go every morning to the work jail and got tortured in every way a person can be tortured, then back to the home jail spending the whole night remembering what happened along the day and what will happen tomorrow, an endless cycle of stress and sadness.

Start looking for a new job now. Once you have a new job give your two weeks notice.

Start looking for a new job now. Once you have a new job give your two weeks notice.
+1 I have had a couple "jobs from hell" and one continued my employment for the six months I needed to find a much better one. The other one was so bad that I was actually glad I was fired. It took me 2 months to find an acceptable filler job.

Once you commit to leaving, you should see a reduction in stress because you now have a plan to leave. It doesn't matter anymore. The bullying, tricky, generally evil coworkers can do anything they want. You can smile and dream of the day soon to come when you won't be there anymore.

Stop worrying about this (easier said than done I know) because it's just a job. You'll be getting another one soon. Only you can put yourself under stress (and all that other psycho-babble stuff).

Last edited:
First , I am sorry for the situation you are in. I worked a lot of years in job's I hated. Looking back, some was worth it, and some was not.

Now, give us some details.....

Is the place run the way management want's it to be run ? Workplace culture doesn't just happen.

If management is allowing abuse , or part of , it may be a hostile working environment , and may be a violation of law, depending on the circumstances, and where you are located.

More than a few on this forum are current or former HR people , and can give a better evaluation of what can be done than I can.

In brief, how to survive being in a job that you hate and working daily with coworkers whose are bullying me, tricky, evil, ridiculous......etc.

Is there more to it than this? Are you being singled out or is everyone at each other's throat? If you are being singled out, do you know what it is about? If everyone is at each other's throat, you should get out of there.

In my case, it's only my boss and a few others that are making my job a terrible place. But the vast majority at my work are like me, normal person doing his/her job to support their family, pay their mortgage, making friends with each other, etc..

Sadly I've worked in toxic places. Try not to them in your head at night; they're not paying to rent it out. Use that time to put together your escape plan. You'll feel (at least a little) better when you start working on a new goal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Sounds like you work with a bunch of miserable people who get off on making someone else more miserable than they are. And it is tolerated by management, apparently. Maybe the manager is one of the abusers? The chances are that any new job you get will have a better work environment where you will be much happier.

I had a look at the OP's profile, is not in the west , so labor laws , if any in the area unlikely to help.

I was in a similar situation and it was awful! The stress alone made me so sick and I managed to get out due to hostile environment conditions. Good luck. Life goes on after you leave the living nightmare even if the sleeping nightmares continue for a couple years.

The silver lining to the cloud of job problems, is that it gives you uncommonly strong motivation to LBYM in order to retire as early as possible. If you can channel your distress into intense LBYM (while you are looking for another job), you may be able to get out of there sooner than you think, one way or another.

Sounds like you need to still work and have that income, so the option is of course start on the new job search immediately. Instead of letting the negativity get to you in evening, ignore it and use internal motivation to work on the new job search. Being distracted is one of the best ways to ignore the job stress once you are away form work.

Back
Top Bottom