I was lying to myself about my finances and finally faced the facts...

I've noticed this, and I almost get stressed just reading about all your different ventures (bounce houses, duct cleaning, house flipping, lawn care, bathroom renovation, rental, rental property management, third child, Ebay sales, moving, more).

Maybe simplifying would help you clear your mind and let you concentrate on finances more.
Yup.

One other thing that helps an entrepreneur with a lot of ideas is to test drive them before you invest in them. I'm sure all of your business ventures are money makers but how many of them fit the lifestyle that you want to live. I came up with a lot of ideas for businesses here in Texas that would no doubt make money. When I researched them further I realized it would take a lot of my time away from family and the businesses would never make $1,000,000 per year so I scrapped them and put them on the back burner. Once I was honest with myself on what I wanted besides the money (like freedom, few employees, no collections, etc) the choice of business I chose to pursue became crystal clear. I still get distracted with other business ideas but once I do the mental exercise of what it would take to run it I shelve it and get back to work.
There is nothing wrong with selling a couple of your businesses and use the proceeds to grow the one with the most promise.

I still get distracted with other business ideas but once I do the mental exercise of what it would take to run it I shelve it and get back to work.
There is nothing wrong with selling a couple of your businesses and use the proceeds to grow the one with the most promise.
I loved Scott Adams' "Lazy Entrepreneur" concept. That had the beginnings of a real entrepreneur's incubator, and at this point in my life I'd happily give my best ideas away for a fraction of a percentage royalty to a favorite charity.

what's wierd is was only in financial denial for the last 6 months or so...never before...that is why it is so foreign to me

as i mentioned, i am glad i set up a mental 'trick' for myself...auto-debiting 40,50,75 bucks at a time to various savings accts which makes money disappear...but re-appear when i really really need it....

Im still looking forward to some more house flipping adventures.:)

Im still looking forward to some more house flipping adventures.:)

we're working on it....bought and sold one that i didnt document here because we were able to find a buyer and do a simultaneous close for +$5k

other than that, the slew of foreclosed homes around here are not hitting the market...maybe one or 2 a week vs. 10+/wk in the summer

i cant wait til the proverbial sh!t hits the fan...we will be standing by with cash in hand!

Here in SF, we've got a Medical Marijuana Dispensary called Mr. Nice Guy. Seems like our state is on the verge of legalizing your favorite crop, thefed. Move here and start a thread called "Mr. Nice Guy 2".

yeah, I have been trying to recall the comedy act (the Ed Sullivan Show and others) that used this song to great effect. It featured a small ("Little Person"?) trying frenetically to keep up with the beat of the song. The name of the group is on the tip of my tongue but...

Here in SF, we've got a Medical Marijuana Dispensary called Mr. Nice Guy. Seems like our state is on the verge of legalizing your favorite crop, thefed. Move here and start a thread called "Mr. Nice Guy 2".

my best friend is already there holding down the fort for me. got his card a few months ago for his, ummmm, medical issues.

American Express saved me from myself in my wild, care free years in the 70's. You couldn't carry a balance, it was the only card I had and that saved my rear!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom