If delta flight canceled

bizlady

Full time employment: Posting here.
We are scheduled to fly out with Delta on Saturday but there is an incoming snowstorm. If Delta were to cancel our flight, is it up to us to reschedule or does delta reschedule us automatically?

Not sure about Delta specifically, but most airlines leave it on you to try and reschedule. You'll want to see if the flight is cancelled, vs delayed, though.

When American did this to me in February, all I got was a text telling me it was cancelled. Got on the phone and rebooked easily. Might want to spend the time now looking at flights so you have your 2nd and 3rd choices ready.

Not sure about Delta specifically, but most airlines leave it on you to try and reschedule. You'll want to see if the flight is cancelled, vs delayed, though.
This has been my experience. Last time we had flights cancelled (last year) they never contacted us at all except to text us flight was cancelled.

We made other arrangements on another airline and requested refunds.

Have they issued a weather waiver for your airport...be proactive

Last year Delta cancelled our flight day before and automatically rescheduled us; and gave us opportunity to change the new flights. I would have notifications turned on.

Back
Top Bottom