Ig Nobel Prize awards and other amazing science

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
In case you missed the The First Annual 2019 Ig Nobel Prize Ceremony, here it is on YouTube:

The 29th First Annual Ig Nobel Prize Ceremony is scheduled for Thursday, September 12th at Sanders Theatre at Harvard University. It will introduce ten new Ig Nobel Prize winners. Each winner has done something that makes people laugh then think. Winners travel to the ceremony, at their own expense, from around the world to receive their prize from a group of genuine, genuinely bemused Nobel Laureates, in Harvard's historic and largest theater.

In the words of Miss Sweety Pooh, Please Stop. I'm Bored.

Forget about politics, when to take SS, and and the issues surrounding renewable clean energy. Focus, instead, on important matters of science that will actually affect your life.

Here is more amazing science that will certainly affect us as we play with bubbles on a sunny day with our grandchildren.....

https://arstechnica.com/science/202...mal-soap-recipe-for-blowing-gigantic-bubbles/

Everybody loves bubbles, regardless of age—the bigger the better. But to blow really big, world-record-scale bubbles requires a very precise bubble mixture. Physicists have determined that a key ingredient is mixing in polymers of varying strand lengths, according to a new paper in Physical Review Fluids. That produces a soap film able to stretch sufficiently thin to make a giant bubble without breaking.

Our granddaughters, ages 3 & 2 really dig blowing bubbles. Your post has inspired me to set about blowing some really huge bubbles for their entertainment. Okay - for Nana and Pa's entertainment, as well. :D

Back
Top Bottom