In NJ looking for a 529 plan

sergdman

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hello everyone. Been trying to get a 529 plan going for my daughter. Have been researching on savingforcollege.com. Since NJ does not give me any tax breaks I'm looking for the best plan. Also thought on enrolling directly through the 529 plan itself or using an advisor. Just wanted to get some feedback from here

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I set up 529's for my grandkids several years back. At that time the plans offered by the State of Utah were among the best due to low administrative costs, considerably better than what was offered by their home state of Texas. Haven't done any comparisons in recent years.

I set up two 529's through my Vanguard account. I live in Calif, grandkids are in Florida, and the 529's are actually in Nevada. It was pretty easy, the only catch being you have a $3K minimum to start an account. Management costs are reasonable.
cbo

I set up 529's for my grandkids several years back. At that time the plans offered by the State of Utah were among the best due to low administrative costs, considerably better than what was offered by their home state of Texas. Haven't done any comparisons in recent years.

Thanks. Looks like Utah is still among the best as per what I have seen

I set up two 529's through my Vanguard account. I live in Calif, grandkids are in Florida, and the 529's are actually in Nevada. It was pretty easy, the only catch being you have a $3K minimum to start an account. Management costs are reasonable.
cbo

Thanks. I will have to check Vanguard.

Back
Top Bottom