In the tell us something we don't know category...

LARS

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
... though I don't know about you, but I traded a whole lot MORE dollars for my ER free time than the study suggests!

"It doesn’t matter whether you’re rich or poor, the new study suggests. If you feel pressed for time, your life satisfaction can be improved by trading money for minutes that you can use as you wish.

Survey-takers were asked whether they paid other people to do “unenjoyable daily tasks” in order to “increase their free time.”

In 28% of cases, the answer was yes. These folks spent an average of $147.95 per month to buy themselves extra time."

Science proves it: Money really can buy happiness - LA Times

Last edited:
We trade savings for cleaning and dusting. Not for time but because we both hate I them!

Having bought into (relatively) Early retirement, I was a perfectly happy customer. Some non monetary events messed up the happy times for me, in time happy times will return.

I knew a guy who took every promotion test that came along, if you took a promotion test you got the day off, you had to pay in those days maybe 20 dollars for the test, he used to call it a $20 dollar day off. Then they started with "attendance cards" if you came for the test. He showed up, at the last minute, sat for a second and turned in the test.

We merged two threads on the same topic, put it in the "FIRE and money" forum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom