International travel medical insurance - Chase Sapphire Reserve coverage sufficient?

stephenson

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hi All,

Was getting reading to buy the 12 month policy for $294 from GeoBlue, but I think I found that Chase covers a sufficient amount of travel medical insurance if one uses their card for airfare/train/etc purchases - or, even if one uses Chase points in lieu of dollars for airfare.

Anyone have a better read on this? Thoughts of "sufficiency?"

Thanks!

Hi All,

Was getting reading to buy the 12 month policy for $294 from GeoBlue, but I think I found that Chase covers a sufficient amount of travel medical insurance if one uses their card for airfare/train/etc purchases - or, even if one uses Chase points in lieu of dollars for airfare.

Anyone have a better read on this? Thoughts of "sufficiency?"

Thanks!

Haven't looked in a while, but IIRC that only covers emergency medical up to a couple thousand. If you have something more serious you would be on your own.

I am using GeoBlue for first time this year. Only limitation is that you cannot be away from home longer than 70 days. I am using Chase Sapphire Reserve $20K cancellation insurance for each trip. One trip is close to $40K so I will be underinsured for part of that. For long trips I bite the bullet and buy expensive insurance.

Evey thing i have read about GeoBlue looks good; I hope never to find out.

Marc

Well, I think we have sufficient coverage for medical evac with Chase Sapphire Reserve card, and $2500 medical, and with Tricare for Life coverage paying 75% for medical care, and apparently Chase card covers a lot of travel insurance components.

We are looking at Allianz. Just yesterday I heard a story about an elderly couple on the way to an Antarctic trip. The wife had a heart attack in Argentina. Total medical costs plut private jet home was $180,000.

Back
Top Bottom