Investing in Cannabis?

Jollyquick

Recycles dryer sheets
Greetings,

With Vanguard, Fidelity, and American now including cannabis industry stocks in some funds (mostly OTC and Canadian at this point) as well as the new legalization in Canada, has anyone seriously considered investing in the Cannabis industry sector?

This is an interesting situation (to me at least). Due to the US Federal Schedule I classification it prevents / dissuades big money from currently investing. This makes personal investing seemingly more lucrative and opportunistic. If, and it’s a big IF, cannabis becomes legal at the federal level personal investors would have bought in on the ground floor before big money got the green light (no pun intended).

So what am I missing? Surely there must be a catch as to why private investors aren’t pouring in cash to what appears to be a fledgling booming industry.

I have some cash laying around that I’d be willing to play with if there‘s a solid profit model out there. I’m considering VTMGX, or one of its sibling funds, that currently have around US$50M in Cannabis and expected to double that in 2019. I’d consider straight cannabis stock, but I’m not smart enough to figure them out without losing my shirt in some pump and dump scheme...

JQ

Just found Razor Hog‘s earlier post on the same subject. My apologies for not researching the forums a bit more before posting!

Back
Top Bottom