Is email notification busted?

donheff

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I haven't gotten an email notification of a follow-up to threads I have posted in for a long time. Same with those I subscribed to. Is it working? I am getting notifications from another blog that uses the same software.

I got 3 notifications last Sun. Works for me.

-CC

I haven't gotten an email notification of a follow-up to threads I have posted in for a long time. Same with those I subscribed to. Is it working? I am getting notifications from another blog that uses the same software.

I have the opposite problem. I want to turn notification off and have tried but must be doing the wrong thing or not doing it right.

I checked the email server and everything looks fine. Emails are being sent properly.

Don, can you check your settings in the UserCP and make sure they are set to send instance notifications? Here is a link to UseCP Options.

kaneohe, you may want to make sure the settings for your old subscriptions are set to not send notifications also. Changes are not retroactive to your old posts. Here is a link.

I checked the email server and everything looks fine. Emails are being sent properly.

Don, can you check your settings in the UserCP and make sure they are set to send instance notifications? Here is a link to UseCP Options.

I was set for instant notification but no messages. I was using my excite.com throwaway address - maybe they are filtering you as spam. I reset it to a yahoo address to see if that fixes the problem.

Notification is working at the yahoo address.

Thanks for the update. Can you look in your Excite account and see if they are going to your SPAM folder?

Back
Top Bottom