Is EVERTHING desirable?

As far as AM, I believe there are actually apps that will play your digital file with the added ambiance of an AM car stereo.

I don't miss the sound of AM radio. :LOL:

All my music listening in the car is music stored on a flash drive. It's the highest quality mp3 and not CD quality but with ambient road noise it's a non-issue anyway. I have about 3000 songs in 27 folders (A-Z and numbered bands) so even with that many songs it's easy to find a particular artist. Normally though, I just leave it on shuffle.

Bicycles.
Can't believe what used bikes were costing the last 2 years and new ones were almost impossible to find.
I sold a 2005 Specialized Roubaix last summer for $850 (new was 1,200) and probably could have got more if I was more patient.
Haven't looked this year but hear the low end bikes are available again.

I keep thinking "I'm good with x number of pins". But that number keeps growing! I really enjoy collecting, playing, and working on them as long as I have the know-how for the problem - I'm not a fan of soldering!

Once you get 2, they have a way of multiplying, like rabbits! :)

I'm OK with soldering, though working on boards can be scary. Internet resources are fantastic for figuring things out! And of course, having one working 100% in the home where it gets limited play compared to a bar/arcade means it's good to go for awhile, I've found them to be low maintenance. Have done some minor repairs on boards (never screwed anything up!), and sent some out. Handle everything else myself. I have had some nerve problems that cause issues with hand strength and small motor skills (nothing really major, but I have trouble opening tight jars, for example - had nerve decompression surgery and doc says I'm as good as I'll get), replacing connectors is my nemesis. The first two DMD pins I got were AFM and IJ. The IJ had major GI connector issues. It took me a looooong time to get those handled. And by then I'd had enough of it, wanted it gone, so it sold. Fast forward, and I wish I'd kept it. The Path of the Dead is a cool feature.

I always said my capacity was 9 in my former house, but I had 10. :D It was crowded. Moved 3 years ago and have a fantastic room for setting up pins, it was a part of the house search, much to DW's chagrin. Where we moved there are a couple of local pin places, and I had only gone once or twice before COVID shut things down. I was hoping to get familiarity with some newer models. Had a fantastic game on Iron Man, set the GC in a public arcade, liked that game. Only one I'd add for sure at this point is Kingpin, if Circus Maximus ever gets it done. They've been silent for so long, I doubt it. But it would have a good place next to BBB. I have one of the later signed translites, so I'm on the list, so to speak.

Keep flippin'! :)

OK, then back to the original question: some things are NOT desirable, and they include standard old-fashioned collectibles like stamps and coins. (excluding the very few total rarities). They are worth doing, but for fun, not for profit.

Agree that, with some stuff, the only value is in the enjoyment gleaned from collecting. In addition, many previously collectable items have lost much of their value, such as China, silverware, and brown furniture.

Something of mine that I just discovered has increased in value are a couple of pairs of Revo sunglasses from the mid-90s that have been sitting in the back of a junk drawer in my office for 20 years. Not all of them are valuable, but each of the vintage pairs I have now sells for $400-600.

Back
Top Bottom