Is this really a "wealth" seminar?

I have never seen these guys live but I have listened to their podcasts/youtubes, Brian Tracy, Tony Robbins. I think they deliver a good message at a reasonable price. I think the seminars are for megacorp and government consumers. Of course, it is hard to experience the firewalk on my iphone.

Out of curiosity (and super-cheap advance purchase tickets) I attended a few of these types of seminars years ago. A lot of people who attended these seminars seemed to be in sales. They seemed to like the "rah, rah", positive thinking and personal interest stories that these speakers provided....and the dream of wealth dangled in front of them like a carrot.

omni

So I'm coming home today, riding along I-95 and I see a billboard advertising a "wealth and empowerment" seminar.

The speakers...

Tony Robbins
Les Brown
Nick Foles
and Gary Vaynerkchuk.

I never even heard of Gary.

The prices range from 75.00 bucks to 1500 dollars. Here's the thing not one of these folks would I consider some type of financial guru.

I mean I'm from Philly so Nick is pretty popular fella but that's for football.
Or, as the signs in South Philly said during the parade "Big Di*k Nick." A major Philly compliment 😁

I find these so called wealth seminars very similar to the Prosperity Gospel scam.

It is not about enhancing your prosperity. It is about enhancing theirs by transferring some of your wealth to them.

The only person who cares about your money is you.

You can tell this Wikipedia entry was written by him or someone closely associated with him. It's quite a marketing piece on how great he is.
You've got that right! Though I'm unsure why anyone would publicize their graduation from "Mount Ida College".

Out of curiosity (and super-cheap advance purchase tickets) I attended a few of these types of seminars years ago. A lot of people who attended these seminars seemed to be in sales. They seemed to like the "rah, rah", positive thinking and personal interest stories that these speakers provided....and the dream of wealth dangled in front of them like a carrot.

omni

I do sales. I used to eat up the rah rah stuff 20 years ago. Now it’s like fingernails on the chalkboard to me. My approach with clients now is radical honesty, even if it hurts my sales.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom