Is your crystal ball less cloudy than mine.

MJ

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This past August, I put a sizeble amount in a 3 yr bump certificate with 5.13% APY at United State Senate FCU. In September, this certificate went to 5.23%. Anyone have a good crystal ball of when I should take my one time bump to increase my rate for the next 34- months?

I think 5.23% for a non-callable 3-year CD is quite good. I'd be happy with that. Could rates creep up a little more? Sure, but they could also drop. Lock it in and be happy with it. You can't predict the future.

Sorry, my crystal ball is busted.
Darn :( and you had one of the best "balls" out there. Any estimate on when you will be getting a new one? Lol

Soon or by YE (Which is soon to me)

Last edited:
I'm reading the "Four Pillars of Investing, second edition". Maybe you should get out a coin, and start tossing!!!

Mine rolled under the bed, is covered with dust, and I can't reach it.

BTW, you seem to have chosen very well, so perhaps you have one of the best crystal balls here!

My crystal ball says June 24, my palladium ball says Oct 24, my silver ball says Jan 24 and my rhodium ball says April 25.

It's clear to me I have a really messed up set of balls. [emoji16]

I don't have a crystal ball but I still have the Magic 8 Ball I had on my desk at work that I consulted when people asked me stupid questions. The interest rate outlook is hazy (which happens to be a synonym for cloudy).

If .1% makes a meaningful impact on your lifestyle then take the bump now. If not, I would wait until the November Fed meeting and then book it and forget about it.

No crystal ball here but I'm going to go out on a limb and say the market is going feel some pain with shutdown and UAW strike.

Back
Top Bottom