It's been a slow and worthwhile journey...

Keopele

Dryer sheet aficionado
I have finally moved from active c-share fund hell to a TR fund at Vanguard for my Roth IRA. With my Roth401k with 5% employer match and low fee fund choices and my new VG RothIRA I feel comfortable that I am able to manage my retirement portfolio on my own. Of course, there is much much much more to learn. I can't thank everyone who has contributed to my increased knowledge enough. Yippeeeee!

Congratulations. Glad to see one more pulled from the dark side.

I have finally moved from active c-share fund hell to a TR fund at Vanguard for my Roth IRA. With my Roth401k with 5% employer match and low fee fund choices and my new VG RothIRA I feel comfortable that I am able to manage my retirement portfolio on my own. Of course, there is much much much more to learn. I can't thank everyone who has contributed to my increased knowledge enough. Yippeeeee!

What is "active C share fund hell"??

The higher annual expenses associated with c-shares. My previous fund STARTED with a 1.9% ER (BNPCX). Of course my parents "financial advisor" selected the fund for me.

The higher annual expenses associated with c-shares. My previous fund STARTED with a 1.9% ER (BNPCX). Of course my parents "financial advisor" selected the fund for me.

You do know you could have taken everything out of that fund after one year, right? Not the best global fund out there..........

Yes...had I known better, I would have...hence my excitement about leaving. Had I known everything I have learned on this forum a year ago, I would have. One of the great qualities of this board is it's full of both personal finance/investment gurus who are approaching retirement and have been honing their skills/knowledge over the years and those like myself, late 20's early 30's just starting to get serious.

Back
Top Bottom