It's official: ER is good for you!

Meadbh

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
.....at least if you live in France and work for the gas/electric company. This study of over 14,000 GAZEL employees who retired at 55 was published in the British Medical Journal (which has high standards) and clearly shows that
Longitudinal modelling of repeat data showed that retirement did not change the risk of major chronic diseases but was associated with a substantial reduction in mental and physical fatigue and depressive symptoms, particularly among people with chronic diseases.​
So the anecdotal evidence of Forum members has now been scientifically confirmed!

http://www.bmj.com/content/341/bmj.c6149.full.pdf?sid=5b42584e-d116-4831-aa4e-ef421772a630

Last edited:
Salut!

Well, I agree. I'm retired and I feel great!

-- Rita

I import the wine. Seems to do the trick.
I love wine so much that I bought a special wine refrigerator, it had to be shipped all the way from France! I figure that counts too.

22511.jpg

:D

Audrey

I love wine so much that I bought a special wine refrigerator, it had to be shipped all the way from France! I figure that counts too.

22511.jpg

:D

Audrey
Can I come to your house for a visit? :)

Must mean work really sucks in France, especially at GAZEL.

Wonder if the chart is the same for Château Lafite-Rothschild, Château Latour, Château Margaux, Château Haut-Brion, Saint-Émilion and Château Pétrus employees?

Actually it's an interesting chart thanks. Just couldn't resist a little play...

Wonder if the chart is the same for Château Lafite-Rothschild, Château Latour, Château Margaux, Château Haut-Brion, Saint-Émilion and Château Pétrus employees?

Maybe, until the cirrhosis of the liver catches up with you.....mon Dieu!

In scientific jargon, you mean, are the results generalizable?

I sure hope so!
France starts off with high levels of workplace stress, so the drop after retirement may be steeper. See for example here, for example "7.01 Cooperation in labor-employer relations".

Back
Top Bottom