Just want one little indoor motion/sound wireless security camera

spncity

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The little tabletop camera that served our needs for a few years doesn't seem to work any more. I'm guessing the phone upgrade is the culprit and there doesn't seem to be any way to login or update the app for the camera. The camera was powered by a cord.

It had motion & sound detection, I could talk through it, it could swivel horizontally and vertically, I could see "live" or recent events - all this through the app.

What might you recommend? I don't want it going to a "service" or pay a monthly fee, or being shared with police like Ring and similar.

Thank you!

This is an indoor camera, right? I use Nest cams, they work fine. As I understand it, Google Nest doesn’t charge for live feed, only to store a history of the feed.

I would shop for one that does not upload your data to its mother ship in the cloud. One approach is to use a Synology NAS, which will store your video locally only and retain it for playback with no extra charges. Ever.

https://www.synology.com/en-af/surveillance/overview

"C2 Surveillance
Keep surveillance footage stored on your Synology NAS safe by enabling simultaneous recording to the Synology C2 cloud."

"C2 Surveillance
Keep surveillance footage stored on your Synology NAS safe by enabling simultaneous recording to the Synology C2 cloud."

The entire solution with or without the cloud storage is overkill for what OP is looking for.

I'd recommend one of the Tapo/Kasa pan/tilt 2K cameras - insert your own micro-SD card up to 256GB and it will record 24x7 and give you everything you could want for $25. No cloud/subscription required.

I have several WYZE cams watching our place. Pan, Tilt, track motion, night vision, etc. Inexpensive around $35.

I have several WYZE cams watching our place. Pan, Tilt, track motion, night vision, etc. Inexpensive around $35.

+1

I really like my Wyze cameras, no subscription required for live viewing, and can set it to record the the SD card constantly so record all. (Note I only have experience with the V3 and older V2 ones)

Also Eufy cameras are good no subscription needed, but I only have experience with the indoor cam 2K. Also records to SD card.

Both are cheap at ~ $35 , ones that pan/rotate may cost a little more.

Been using mine for ~2 years.

Also Eufy cameras are good no subscription needed, but I only have experience with the indoor cam 2K. Also records to SD card.

I also have an Eufy camera but it’s the outdoor version. One of the things I really like about the Eufy is that if the internet goes down, it still works. It connects to my network and I can access it with a phone/ipad that is also on the same network. Ring does not do this. That may not matter for an indoor camera where I suspect the primary use is to see inside your house from away. Then of course you’d need the internet to be up and running. Still, let’s say you had a camera at one end of the house or in a garage and your bedroom was at the other end. When you hear a bump in the night, you’d be able to check the camera regardless of whether or not the internet connection is functioning.

I have 3 of the Amcrests that Jerry1 likes. I use the Synology solution that Old Shooter recommends. The Wizard is correct that Synology is pushing their C2 Surveillance cloud backup of video, but it is an optional backup of stuff recorded on the NAS.

I think the Eufy or Wyze options suggested by a few users look good. With that big ole memory card.

We have purchased a few different manufacturer's cheap cameras and I must say that all have their own apps for viewing or setting up cameras. You must also know that to do really detailled things, such as setting the camera to only allow part of the screen to trigger an event, in most cases, you must logon with a PC.

Thank you all for the posts and details. What a great group of people in this forum. Very helpful!

Can the Eufy or Wyze camera be accessed from more than one smart phone?

Yep, they work very well.

+1

I really like my Wyze cameras, no subscription required for live viewing, and can set it to record the the SD card constantly so record all. (Note I only have experience with the V3 and older V2 ones)

Both are cheap at ~ $35 , ones that pan/rotate may cost a little more.

Been using mine for ~2 years.

Just started testing the Wyze Cam Pam V3 and Eufy 4k indoor. cameras.

These both take and SD card and have a mobile app to view recorded or live videos. They also have push notification.

The clarity on the Eufy is superior to the Wyze as Wyze is HD and Eufy is UHD. Both allow you to speak or listen through the camera.
Wyze can actually pan and tilt where as Eufy offers more of a zoom feature.

Wyze does not have clear facial features, one could recognize overall features but actual face features was difficult to make out. This is from a distance of 8 - 10 ft looking through a window.
Eufy does a much better job, because of the 4k video and 2 cameras in the unit.

Wyze cost about 40 bucks then 25 bucks for sd card (256gb)
Eufy cost 130 bucks plus 35 bucks for micro sd card (128gb)

I'm keeping both as the Wyze is inexpensive enough .

Just started testing the Wyze Cam Pam V3 and Eufy 4k indoor. cameras.

These both take and SD card and have a mobile app to view recorded or live videos. They also have push notification.

The clarity on the Eufy is superior to the Wyze as Wyze is HD and Eufy is UHD. Both allow you to speak or listen through the camera.
Wyze can actually pan and tilt where as Eufy offers more of a zoom feature.

Wyze does not have clear facial features, one could recognize overall features but actual face features was difficult to make out. This is from a distance of 8 - 10 ft looking through a window.
Eufy does a much better job, because of the 4k video and 2 cameras in the unit.

Wyze cost about 40 bucks then 25 bucks for sd card (256gb)
Eufy cost 130 bucks plus 35 bucks for micro sd card (128gb)

I'm keeping both as the Wyze is inexpensive enough .

Eufy really overcharged you for the sd card.

I like my eufy cameras. They have a lot of choices and an indoor panable camera for ~$75 right now on sale.

Wyze users:

So - I need the pan and tilt and a table top model - and I found these two and I think they take SD cards.

Do you have a different source to suggest?

Were you talking about a different model?

Do I need to order an SD card? How do I know what to buy?

Thank you!

Amazon 37.98 and free shipping in a day
https://www.amazon.com/WYZE-IP65-Ra...ze+indoor+camera+wireless,aps,463&sr=8-3&th=1

Wyze 39.98 plus shipping 5-7 business days
https://www.wyze.com/products/wyze-cam-pan?variant=43704175329442

Back
Top Bottom