Latest Member class of 2019!

chrisaukcam

Recycles dryer sheets
Did it today. Submitted my resignation about 30 days ago and today is my last day. It is a lot like any other major event in your life - graduation, wedding day, 1st child, etc. in that there are a lot of unknowns no matter how much you plan, but there is excitement for the future.

Even if you have done the spreadsheets and so forth, there is still a little voice in back of my mind - what if you missed something. So some adjustments here in the 1st year. I will still do some little side gigs to make extra money for healthcare, but the 8-5 m-f grind is over. That much I am happy for - no more long commutes, ID badges, standby rotations, deadlines (IT - software developer).

We are travelling some in the 1st 3 years that we are retired. So we are very much looking forward to that.

Well another hour or so and time to go to bed. Leaving in the morning to go on a cruise with my youngest son and his family. This will be the best part, more time to spend with family. :dance:

Congratulations! Have a wonderful trip with your family!!

Congratulations! A trip is a wonderful way to start retirement.
No more Sunday night blues :)

Yee Haa!

It's a great feeling, right!?! There's always that little 'yikes" feeling in your stomach. It goes away. The cruise will be awesome and congratulations!

Congratulations! What a joy it must have been to type that on the forum. I am going to be FIRE'd later this year and can't wait.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom