LBYM Culture Shock

Her family room is small, such that the TV is about 7 ft from the sofa. Sitting that close to a big TV would give her headache. However, it's her money, and she will buy whatever she wants. I do not feel strongly about it.
Yep, that just about describes our situation. 7-12 ft viewing distance. We just replaced a 27" CRT with a 32" LCD. It fits us. We don't want/need the huge TV effect.

We just bought a 50" plasma for the remodeled living room wall. Although the gross room length in 18 feet, we expect the average viewing distance to be about 13 feet.

I'm waiting for my 46" Mitusubishi projection TV to croak. No luck yet. It does 1080i but not 1080p. Nice, but big (deep).

Heh. I'm waiting for my 60" Mitsubishi projection set to croak. It does 640x480. :(

I'm waiting for one of those sales where they offer to haul off the old set. :D The pesky thing is the largest set that would fit up the stairs 11 years ago. I figure removal would involve power tools and an open second floor window.

Or I could be frugal, and arrange to be buried in it as my coffin...

Not turning lights on when company is over is cheap IMHO

I had one of those aha moments when I was entertaining out of town guests over the holidays. I had recently started a system where I only keep the heat turned on in whatever part of the house I'm actually in. This involves keeping certain doors closed, adjusting various controls. As I was explaining to my guests how to adjust the heat, I had the realization "Oh, I could just leave the whole house heated all the time while my guests are here". We all had a little laugh about how obsessive I can be at times.

Heh. I'm waiting for my 60" Mitsubishi projection set to croak. It does 640x480. :(

I'm waiting for one of those sales where they offer to haul off the old set. :D The pesky thing is the largest set that would fit up the stairs 11 years ago. I figure removal would involve power tools and an open second floor window.

Or I could be frugal, and arrange to be buried in it as my coffin...

Don't know if this applies where your are but DD bought some monster 52" thing and as part of the deal she struck was "you have to haul the dead projection model in the BASEMENT out and dispose of it" or she would not purchase the new one. They did and even moved the LCD from upstairs to the basement (the new monster went in the living room).

Hey Al,
Had some Dungeness crab for dinner in a vermouth/white wine/garlic/ginger broth. Delish. Are you getting your share of crab these days? Tis the season....
Greetings from Ukiah!
Mango

Yeah, it's great stuff. We often stop by at a boat and pick up a few to cook at home. It's not a good year this year, so the crabs tend to be smaller but they still taste great.

I think they taste better than lobster, but it's a while since I've had that (I used to get free lobster when I worked on a clam boat), so I can't be sure.

Back
Top Bottom