Looking for Bettter CD Rates

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
My CD @ NFCU (1.14%) is expiring in Jan and NFCU only offers me a new CD @ 0.95%. I poked around today and the best that I can find for a 3-4 year CD is 1.70% @ NASA FCU for 49 months (ok with me). That rate beats the others that I can locate today.

Can anyone suggest a better CD rate than what NASA FCU is offering (before 12/31/21)?

Thanks in advance.

How much money are we talking about?

Are you into I-Bonds yet?

Searching depositaccounts,com for 4yr CDs, the NASA 49 mo special is at the top of the list. Next closest rate is 1.31%.

I’m in a similar situation with CDs maturing at NASA and NFCU. NASA requires new money for their promo. I might just stick it into an ibond. Could also consider a 4 yr MYGA w/ A rated insurer that pays 2.6.

Searching depositaccounts,com for 4yr CDs, the NASA 49 mo special is at the top of the list. Next closest rate is 1.31%.

I’m in a similar situation with CDs maturing at NASA and NFCU. NASA requires new money for their promo. I might just stick it into an ibond. Could also consider a 4 yr MYGA w/ A rated insurer that pays 2.6.

Another idea is ask them to honor the rate since you are a good customer. NASA did that for me (Or maybe it was Andrews) when my CD expired and they had a new money rate on a new CD. My money was leaving the CU so it was just like new.money.

You know what the answer will be if you don't ask.

Back
Top Bottom