Lumbar sclerosis/DDD Experiences?

Can you explain exercise 1 better please? I understand 2, but don't see the difference with 1, or what you are doing first, I guess.

I am not Noiseboy but I think what he is describing in #2 is the Yoga pose called the bridge. I am going to PT currently for my back and 2 of the exercises the PT guy is having me do is the roll up and the bridge. In the roll up my back stays on the floor and I just roll my hips slightly off the floor. In the bridge my back is lifted off the floor so that only my feet and shoulders are touching the floor.

I am not Noiseboy but I think what he is describing in #2 is the Yoga pose called the bridge. I am going to PT currently for my back and 2 of the exercises the PT guy is having me do is the roll up and the bridge. In the roll up my back stays on the floor and I just roll my hips slightly off the floor. In the bridge my back is lifted off the floor so that only my feet and shoulders are touching the floor.
When you say "roll your hips" is that a sideways movement? Like you roll your body to the left to raise your right butt cheek off the floor, and then roll the other way, while keeping your shoulder blades flat on the floor? Feet flat on the floor and knees bent in the air.

When you say "roll your hips" is that a sideways movement? Like you roll your body to the left to raise your right butt cheek off the floor, and then roll the other way, while keeping your shoulder blades flat on the floor? Feet flat on the floor and knees bent in the air.

No not a sideways movement, it is a movement where the feet are off the floor and knees go toward the chin but not lifting the hips off the floor (like curling up in a ball), at least that is what my PT has me doing. Now there are some sideways movements in yoga but you have to be careful with those as they can make things worse, depending on what is wrong with your back.

I'm certainly not a doctor so this is just my experience with my pain doc. He (and I'm sure all of them) uses an x-ray to determine which nerves to target. Once he finds the correct nerve he'll insert a catheter and send an impulse to make certain he's on the correct nerves(s). He calls this the thumper since it'll cause your leg to jump with the impulses. Then he'll use the RF waves to "burn" or destroy that nerve. For my procedures he targets both sides.
This doesn't cure the problem with my back but mainly reduces the pain. I have complete function. Now I'm no athlete and when I overdo things I will get pain. But mostly this eliminates or minimizes the daily aching and pain. I no longer take any pain pills and since I've been using CBD oil I no longer take NSAIDs.
He also gives me the choice between doing this with a local or a general in a surgery center. Doing this with a local is a much quicker recovery since you're awake the entire time and I'm in and out in less than an hour total time. I was a little concerned the first time but the Xanax helped.
Hope this helps, for me it does and is keeping me from having surgery. I probably will have to have surgery at some point but will do this as long as it has the desired effect. And hopefully surgical or other techniques will have better outcomes by the time I need it.

Ablations work very well for me for both lumbar and cervical spine issues. My pain is usually pretty severe, but the ablations allow me to live a mostly normal life. Exercise is not in play for me though, other than stretching and short walks. More than an hour standing/walking and I need to rest. No running at all. Made that mistake once [emoji37].
I second the use of CBD oil, but I’ve learned brands matter.
I can’t take NSAIDS, but I take 3,000 mg of Tylenol daily and occasionally substitute with hydrocodone. I’ve been dealing with this for fifteen years now. Surgery is not an option I’ve been told by several surgeons, but my pain management doctor and his staff are great!

Back
Top Bottom