Medigap/Supplement Provider Ratings?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
It's very easy to find resources on which plan to choose (e.g. F, G, N) and quotes for a given plan. The quotes I've looked at range from $112/mo to $364/mo for the exact same plan? Of course the more expensive ones are names I've heard of and the less expensive are all names I haven't.

But what I'm not finding are any ways to compare providers other than a couple top 10 provider lists, with no real basis for their choices and no mention of which providers were evaluated. For all I know they were sponsored by an industry group.

I meet with my broker on Monday and though I assume he'll have recommendations, I don't know if they'll be based on the quality of the provider or what his commissions are.

Have I missed a good supplement provider comparison tool?

Every Medigap insurer occasionally has issues getting the premium bank draft set up for a new customer, but once that is resolved they are all pretty much equal since the coverage decisions were already made by Medicare.

This question is a little tricky to answer, as the best supplemental insurance with Medicare is really whichever plan has the lowest rate and the lowest rate increase history in your area.

After all, benefits are standardized so that the benefits for each plan letter are the same from company to company. Medicare supplement companies also pay your bills like clockwork because Medicare is the decision maker, so we never hear that any of them have slow-pay issues like the Medicare Advantage plans often do.

Reference: https://boomerbenefits.com/top-10-medicare-supplement-companies/

Every carrier pays their portion of Medicare approved claims, usually in 3 to 5 business days.

Reference: https://www.georgia-medicareplans.com/turning-65-learn-medicare-options/

Every Medigap insurer occasionally has issues getting the premium bank draft set up for a new customer, but once that is resolved they are all pretty much equal since the coverage decisions were already made by Medicare.

The folks at Aetna can't seem to give the folks at Via Benefits the payment list for their Part D plan. Having a difficult time getting my $19.10 a month reimbursed. Probably will pick someone that can handle the paperwork better next open enrollment season.

Back
Top Bottom