Microsoft calling me: is this legit?

These fake calls purportedly coming from Microsoft seem to happening all over US. I found posts at Report Phone Number to CallerCenter.com related to such calls and the phone numbers reportedly used by the caller seem to originate from different parts of the country. This gives me the impression that they could be a large group of scammers located in different states.

These fake calls purportedly coming from Microsoft seem to happening all over US. I found posts on Callercenter related to such calls and the phone numbers reportedly used by the caller seem to originate from different parts of the country. This gives me the impression that they could be a large group of scammers located in different states.

I've had three calls from them and was tempted to play with it for a while but the accents are so thick I had a hard time understanding and it would have taken more effort than it was worth. If one does call that I can understand and I have time I have a loose plan to play with it for a while and then tell them I thought they were talking about the TV.

For the OP, yes it is a scam.

My mom got a similar call and gave them access to her computer and paid them. Of course she called me right after she said yes to them and I had her shut off the computer immediately and call the credit card company. The credit card company was great, they stopped the charge and canceled her card. Of course the guy calls her right back to find out what happened because he got knocked off her computer. She told him that her son said this was a fraud and she had called the cc company. He hung up and that was the end of it.

I always talk like I am from India when I get those type of calls. I ask them if they have a sister I could marry, and how I miss Calcutta. If it's a woman...I ask is she married or if she has an unmarried sister. Sometimes I can keep them on the phone for awhile. Ahhhh...the smells of Calcutta...

I will have to use that if they call. I wonder if i should ask if any goats or a cow comes with as a dowry if i marry the sister.

Ugh, after never having received one of these annoying calls until a few days ago, I just got my second one within a week. I just said, "This is a scam!" and hung up. So now I can look forward to these annoying calls in addition to the other garbage calls from telemarketers and charities, etc.?

Ugh, after never having received one of these annoying calls until a few days ago, I just got my second one within a week. I just said, "This is a scam!" and hung up. So now I can look forward to these annoying calls in addition to the other garbage calls from telemarketers and charities, etc.?

Are you getting these calls on your cell phone?

We, and others in the neighborhood have been getting these calls for over a year. I have played with them on several occasions, i.e. why is Microsoft calling me about my MAC?

Sad part is two of my neighbors actually ordered their fix. They got call back that their credit card did not go through, but if they sent money via western union they could fix their pc's. Both had several thousand dollars on their cards in less than 24 hours.

I got these calls last summer. First one, I asked for additional info and a call back number...basically said give me info and a call back number so that after I research this, if I find this is legit, I will call back. The caller got mad and hung up.

Second time I just hung up immediately.

Third time, I played and kept the caller on the phone for a while. When I got tired of playing, I said well I've kept you on line for while so you can't talk to someone else who may fall for your scheme. The caller cursed and hung up.

Back
Top Bottom