Microsoft glitch overpays severance

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
SEATTLE — A few weeks after launching the first wide-scale layoffs in its history, Microsoft Corp. admits it screwed up a key part of the plan.

The company is asking some laid-off employees for a portion of their severance back, saying an administrative glitch caused the software maker to pay them too much.

I don't believe any commentary is necessary here...the irony speaks for itself.:)

Microsoft: You're still fired and return some of that severance - USATODAY.com

Microsoft has gone downhill since Bill Gates retired.;)

At the time, the company did not say how much money was involved, but sent the workers who were overpaid a letter saying they would be required to pay back the money in excess of the severance they were due.

Return to sender, address unknown, no such number, no such zone.

At the time, the company did not say how much money was involved, but sent the workers who were overpaid a letter saying they would be required to pay back the money in excess of the severance they were due.

Return to sender, address unknown, no such number, no such zone.

I keep on writing but my letters keep coming back.

I suspect that the layoff list will grow by one HR or IT person for screwing the pooch.

Let this be a lesson to others who get laid off and receive an accounting error in their favor. If one of those 25 people didn't plaster the payroll letter online and create this page 4 "news" story then they would not have received a phone call from the head of HR telling them to keep the extra $4,000-$5,000 they were overcompensated.

Back
Top Bottom