Mint.com

RetMD21

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have had an account for years but I am thinking of dropping it. Our baseline expenses are similar from month to month, and we can afford discretionary expenses, so we really don't budget. Do people find it useful beyond budgeting?

I've been using it for several years and I like it. I don't budget anything using mint though... I use it only to analyze my spending. I can see all the money transactions in one place (credit cards, bank accounts, etc) and I can look at the monthly spending trend. If I search, say, for the word "fuel", I can find how much I've been spending on gas for my car. I may do the same thing with utilities to see the trend. I sometimes download data by some search word into Excel and analyze my spending by categories, etc. If I wanted to know how much I've been spending on amazon each year, it would be very easy to find out using mint. I can easily see how much I've been spending every month, every year, etc.

Last edited:
I use it primarily as a way to quickly scan all my transactions for anything out of place. A lot quicker than logging into every account.

Me too on monitoring transactions. Also it's good for annual snapshot of what you're spending by category. I've been using it for probably 10 years now.

I keep Mint for two reasons...

The ability to search for a specific transaction in any account. Useful feature when you have dozens of credit cards and can't recall which one was used.

Also appreciate the notifications of abnormal transactions or un expected fees.

Thanks all. I'll keep it and try looking at categories of spending. Maybe I have fewer accounts than others so logging on to each for a transaction isn't too hard.

I keep Mint for two reasons...

The ability to search for a specific transaction in any account. Useful feature when you have dozens of credit cards and can't recall which one was used.

Also appreciate the notifications of abnormal transactions or un expected fees.

+1

Back
Top Bottom