Model T

During the Depression they were also built in Russia by Ford employees that could not get work during the depression. The Russian project did not come to a good conclusion as Stalin got going with hit regime.

ezernut9mm

53329316449714cd0aafa4.jpg

us.gif

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:42 pm Post subject: there is a good video on youtube of that event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX2anFeIft4&feature=related

jimbeamalki wrote:Richmond, Indiana hosted the Model-T convention this summer. It was a week long event and they had over 900 Model-T's show up. One enthusiast from Austrailia had his shipped to California, then drove it all the way across the country for the event. The small town of Hagerstown (20 miles from Richmond) hosted the event one day at their grass-field airport along with an old plane fly-in and I went. They had over 600 Model-T's show up--it was quite awesome. They had everything from super-restored to some that had never been touched. It got up to 95 degrees that day and I thought I'd die. Always thought about getting one, but have had a lot of back and hip problems, and when I saw how small the seats were and how small and close the pedals were, I thought, no-way. A lot have them had a big gear on the inside of the front passenger wheel, and being a novice I asked what for?--it was the gear for the speedometer.

This is a posting I made on one of my other sites. Don't know how it's going to show up--Payin-the-Toll

Back
Top Bottom