Music Video Mashups--"You Should be Smoking'

Qs Laptop

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I stumbled across this genre of music videos while chasing a rabbit hole on Twitter last night. Through the use of clever video editing, sound track editing, a Frankenstein monster of a music video is created.

Never in a million years would I think these songs could be spliced together, but they are, and they work!

Here's an example of one. I'm sure just about everybody on ER.Org has heard these two songs. It's Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water" and the Bee Gees "You Should be Dancing."

The creator, Bill McClintock has about 100 of these things. Very entertaining.

That was enjoyable. Suzanne Somers and Sherman Hemsley had some good moves!

This mashup has a good collection of 1960's dance moves to the music of Bauhaus' "Bela Lugosi's Dead" and She Wants Revenge's "Tear You Apart". I find it strangely fascinating:

Very entertaining sub-group of musical entertainment. But I'm still impressed with ca 1970 blending of songs such as Guess Who's "No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature." The studio version is more technically impressive, but doing it live must have been more technically difficult to pull off. See the result here.

Studio Version

is the best mashup I've ever heard. Radiohead "15 Step" with Dave Brubeck "Take Five". Both in 5/4 time, which I guess is what makes it work.

is the best mashup I've ever heard. Radiohead "15 Step" with Dave Brubeck "Take Five". Both in 5/4 time, which I guess is what makes it work.

That is amazing that it works so well together. I'm trying to figure out how they can meld these songs together and yes, having the same time/beat is one factor. Also I think if there is a similar bass guitar riff, it would help.

Speaking of two disparate songs/artists being mashed together, would you believe Metallica's "Sandman" and Huey Lewis and the News's "Hip to be Square"?

This mashup has a good collection of 1960's dance moves to the music of Bauhaus' "Bela Lugosi's Dead" and She Wants Revenge's "Tear You Apart". I find it strangely fascinating:

I was in grade school in the mid-late 60's. I remember seeing these girls/women dancing in this fashion on TV and thought it was freaky. Now, in hindsight there is something rather fascinating about it. It's like people were in the toddler stage as far as learning how to dance. Hadn't quite figured it out.

Saw a music video of Black Sabbath's "Paranoia" and there were people dancing to it. How in the world can you dance to that song? I think some of the guys were wearing suits and ties. I'd guess this was around 1970 or 1971.

Mash ups, I like this one sort of Stairway To Heaven:

DJ Earworm - Stairway To Bootleg Heaven (mash-up)

Back
Top Bottom