My first bad experience at Fidelity

While I have had some negative experiences with Fidelity (small ones which are slowly eroding my still-positive reviews of them), the experiences I had with asset transfers helping my (snake-bit) friend after he received a large inheritance following his remaining parent's death in 2012 have all gone very well. The first one, he and I met with his (our) Account Executive so we could see how the electronic asset-transfer process works. After that, I did 2 more in the next few months to consolidate his brokerage accounts from the inheritance.

Then, in 2018, my friend wanted to further consolidate his other holdings (a small brokerage and a Roth IRA) separate from his inheritance. So, I did them electronically, too. Took a few days to go through, but everything went just fine. It is now a lot easier for me to do his taxes and help him manage his portfolio with nearly all of his money under one roof.

I transferred an IRA from Vanguard to Fidelity on line, it worked perfectly all transferred in 3-5 business days, I think.

I did the other way around, I had Fido send me a check...it’s takes out the whole where is my money question, it’s either a Fido problem (where’s my check) or VG (where’s my money).

I transferred an IRA from Vanguard to Fidelity on line, it worked perfectly all transferred in 3-5 business days, I think.

I did the other way around, I had Fido send me a check...it’s takes out the whole where is my money question, it’s either a Fido problem (where’s my check) or VG (where’s my money).

No issues with Fidelity so far transferring IRA and 401k funds. I also transferred a bond from a regional broker into Fido. I cant imagine the stonewalling I would’ve received if I had initiated the transfer at the broker. I called Fido and gave them the brokers name and my account number and they filled out all the paperwork which I signed and delivered to one of 3 Fido branches within 30 min of me. When the broker hit me with a transfer fee of $150, I called Fido and they reimbursed the fee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom