My Retirement Story at Age 45

Welcome to the board. My DH and I go square dancing at a fire hall in PA 4-5 times per year. We are definitely amateurs, but have the best time. It is good exercise and some of the nicest people participate. Everyone is there for the fun and fellowship.

Good work Scrabbler. And I admire the childfree lifestyle. Thats whats going to get me there. (FIRE) :greetings10:

Thank you. Being childfree is not a very popular lifestyle choice, even in a FIRE forum (as I have learned). It is a very good way to get there, though. :)

Thank you. Being childfree is not a very popular lifestyle choice, even in a FIRE forum (as I have learned). It is a very good way to get there, though. :)

I think being child free is plenty popular around here, and certainly enhances one's ability to FIRE.

[MOD EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care who has or doesn't have children, personally. Just want to put that out there for ya, Scrabbler and Mill. :)

I'm only one data point, but I've been here for over four years and a lot of people know I don't have children. Yet no one here has ever given me "grief" about my "lifestyle choice", nor as anyone here judged me for it or voiced their disapproval of my choices.

The possible reasons for the different reactions are left as an exercise to the reader.

Just a little food for thought. And with that said, this subject is in serious need of a "time out."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom