My Two SSA-1099s received today

CRLLS

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We received three 1099's from the SSA today today's mail. One for DW and 2 for me. Apparently, the SSA issues one for spousal payments and the other for filing under my own benefits. I switched in 2022. That's the only thing I can figure out since the numbers look about right.

I thought that it was kind of odd that they didn't issue just one 1099 that covered the year's total. The 2 1099's are both under my own SS number.

We received three 1099's from the SSA today today's mail. One for DW and 2 for me. Apparently, the SSA issues one for spousal payments and the other for filing under my own benefits. I switched in 2022. That's the only thing I can figure out since the numbers look about right.

I thought that it was kind of odd that they didn't issue just one 1099 that covered the year's total. The 2 1099's are both under my own SS number.
Right: i got two also, same story, switched from spousal to my own benefit. Just add them together when you file your taxes. Only positive thing about turning 70 is the higher social security amount.

Two 1099's - one for your SSN benefit based on your spouse's earnings, and the second for your SSN benefit based on your earnings. Makes sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom