NEW 2014 Jeep Wrangler On Order!

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I finally found a dealer that was prepared to give me a great deal. Jeep Wranglers do not normally come at a discounted price. I consider myself lucky. I Just ordered my new 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, Billet on 9/21/2013. I looked all over and could not find any with the Options I wanted (Florida Mild Weather Use), so I ordered one.
1) Jeep Wrangler Sport S in Billet (Do not like the Flat Anvil Clear coat at all and there was no proper Green)
2) 23S Package
3) 3.73 Axle
4) 6 Speed Manual Transmission
5) No Spin Rear Axle (Limited Slip Diff)
6) Deep Tint Windows
7) Connectivity Package
8) Power Group

Now just have to Wait 6 - 8 weeks for it to come in.

Congrats! I bet you'll love it.

I've never owned a Wrangler, but I did own a 1992 Cherokee (not the Grand, the original boxy Cherokee), and I currently own a 2004 Grand Cherokee.

Both have been the most maintenance-free vehicles I've ever owned. My original Cherokee went about 150k miles before it threw a rod, forcing me to get rid of it because it would have cost more to put a new engine in it than what it was worth. And the only reason it died that soon was because I wasn't as vigilant about oil changes as I should have been.

My current Grand Cherokee just passed 170k miles, and the engine and drivetrain are still going strong, although some other items have started to act up. An electronic module in the driver's door went out, and none of the power windows work anymore. Fixable, I'm sure, I just don't want to spend the $$$ to do so. Other than that, a couple other minor things, it's been bulletproof, and I'm going to drive it until the wheels fall off.

If and when I move back to Colorado in the next couple years, I'll probably get another Jeep. I could definitely see getting a Wrangler, if I don't need to carry too much stuff around.

They're great vehicles and Wranglers can be a lot of fun especially if you get out and do 4x4'ing, off road, or anything like that. Enjoy!

Sounds like a great Jeep! Ihad a regular Cherokee whic I did off road a bit in Death Valley, I have an 06 Liberty diesel which took me accross arctic Canada and Alaska and pulls our trailer sometimes. I ponder whatever will replace it someday. The surprise to me in your Jeep is the manual gearbox. I love stick shift, cannot imagine DWs Miata with an automatic but I have found an auto is a good thing for off roading and towing and city driving, only in the mountins I sometimes miss a manual if I cannot select an ideal auto gear. Why the manual?

Sounds like a great Jeep! Ihad a regular Cherokee whic I did off road a bit in Death Valley, I have an 06 Liberty diesel which took me accross arctic Canada and Alaska and pulls our trailer sometimes. I ponder whatever will replace it someday. The surprise to me in your Jeep is the manual gearbox. I love stick shift, cannot imagine DWs Miata with an automatic but I have found an auto is a good thing for off roading and towing and city driving, only in the mountins I sometimes miss a manual if I cannot select an ideal auto gear. Why the manual?

I am a manual type of guy, always had them, in anything that had them available. Not an inconvenience for me at all. But I am just a beach bum, the most it will do is sand dunes :). Not much traffic to speak of here, and it will never go any further than 50 miles form town. Got a real car for that. I do wish it came in a diesel though.

Sorry I can't figure out the options. 2 or 4 door, hard or softop? DW has an addiction to Wranglers. Since 1992 she's owned 4. There a lot different now, they have options.

MRG

I love my 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2 Dr. Long Wheel base. It is the only vehicle that I've ever owned that I think that I will have till the day I die. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

P.S. Jeeps are great for Florida, at least mine is.

Back
Top Bottom