New sub-forum created: Technology, Media and e-gadgets

Gumby

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
As some of you may already have discovered, we have created a new-subforum for technology, media and e-gadgets. We made this move because those topics are the subject of a lot of new threads, which are currently scattered around the board. It is our hope that by gathering them in a single place it will make the site easier to use and a more valuable source of information. Note that discussions regarding the stocks or bonds of technology and media companies should still take place on the "Stock Picking and Market Strategy" subforum.

We have moved a number of more recent relevant threads from other sub-forums to give our new sub-forum a jumpstart. Thread starters of a moved thread will have received notice by PM.

Last edited:
Great move, and I'm sure it wasn't easy to carve those threads out and consolidate them like this. Thanks to the mod team for having and implementing a good idea.

Great move, and I'm sure it wasn't easy to carve those threads out and consolidate them like this. Thanks to the mod team for having and implementing a good idea.

I couldn’t agree more. There’s a lot of useful stuff that was scattered around and hard to find. Tech keeps rolling along and giving it a dedicated sub-forum is a nice move.

The Health sub-forum is similar but has been around for a while. That’s really helped me start to understand many things.

And thank you to all the tech savvy people on this site that are willing to share their knowledge. When I have a question, this is the first place I go for help.

Thanks, mods! :flowers: A lot of work, but will be worth it when completed.

omni

How about shortening the name... perhaps to just "Technology"... so it takes up less vertical space on the portal page? Note how where the total is one row the sub-forum forces the item to use 2 rows.... so it ultimately reduces the number of threads shown on the Portal page.

And yes, it is a slow day.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    134.9 KB · Views: 29
Done.

When I look at the community forums list the Technology and media forum name is not in the forum column. It is in the next column that is usually the active thread.
That is a blank white space which makes me overlook both the tech forum and fire related public policy and firecalc forums. I can get to them from forum jump or just by scrolling down about a third of page, so not really broken just wrong formatting.

Thanks for posting about this - it is fixed now.

Back
Top Bottom