New to Schwab: Transferred VG funds can't find where dividends are going

Brook2

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm having problems finding where my dividends are being deposited in Schwab.

In VG I set it to NOT reinvest before I transferred, and it is set that way in Schwab too, but I cannot see any deposits going into the cash account, and when I look at the history, it says 'reinvesting' but it doesn't where.

Got a big tax hit because I did'n't realize I accumulated a bunch of dividends. I want to find and track them.

Been googling a lot to get info but no luck in getting the answer.

Any suggestions?

I never reinvested dividens and mine always went into my cash account. However, it sometimes took a day longer than I expected to show up. If it says reinvesting, do you see the number of shares you have increasing?

Suggestion, a 5 minute call to customer service should be able to answer your question in your specific case. Schwab's customer service is excellent.

Last edited:
I only have a small IRA at Schwab and reinvest everything. But I do have a custodial account for my grandson who has both mutual funds and stocks. His cash dividends go to his bank sweep account, listed as cash on his account summary and described as Charles Schwab Bank. You can see the amounts and dates in history>transactions. Is that what you are looking for?

What kind of account? Taxable brokerage? IRA? Roth?

Getting a big tax hit over dividends sounds very surprising.

In a taxable brokerage you're taxed on dividends whther you take or reinvest, FYI.

I'm having problems finding where my dividends are being deposited in Schwab.

In VG I set it to NOT reinvest before I transferred, and it is set that way in Schwab too, but I cannot see any deposits going into the cash account, and when I look at the history, it says 'reinvesting' but it doesn't where.

Got a big tax hit because I did'n't realize I accumulated a bunch of dividends. I want to find and track them.

Been googling a lot to get info but no luck in getting the answer.

Any suggestions?

Google says this:

From the home page, the cursor rolls over "Accounts," then clicks "Positions." In the Reinvest column, you can click "Yes" or "No" to change the reinvest status of individual positions. Make your choice, then click "Update." The cursor clicks "Yes." A pop up window appears and the cursor confirms the update.

I can't test it as I have Vanguard and Fidelity Accounts.

I think I understand OP's question. Example. My case. Had a CD mature Wed. 3/15.
At Schwab. CD funds available to re-invest Wed. 3/15. Same day.

However, the interest earned on the CD, did not show up until Thursday, 3/16.
In the Schwab bank account. (as previous poster had mentioned).

Did the funds go ex-dividend before you did the transfer to Schwab? If so, they went to Vanguard and make take a few weeks to transfer to Schwab. This happened to me when my accounts moved from USAA to Schwab.

Back
Top Bottom