No Stimulus checks for us!

NYEXPAT

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just a FYI.
If you are married and file MFJ and your spouse has a ITIN instead of a Social Security number, you will not be getting a stimulus check. In our case both myself and my two children have SS# and my wife does not, so we will not receive the $2,400.00 we were expecting.:(

Just a FYI.
If you are married and file MFJ and your spouse has a ITIN instead of a Social Security number, you will not be getting a stimulus check. In our case both myself and my two children have SS# and my wife does not, so we will not receive the $2,400.00 we were expecting.:(

Sorry to hear that. There is a civil action suit against this. American citizens filing jointly with a legal immigrant gets nothing, and that's not right.

Just a FYI.

Wow...
So can you file separately for 2020 and claim the kids. ?

Just a FYI.

Not only that. I got a $100 stimulus check based on my 2018 tax return. I was married to a Thai in 2019. Unfortunately I had already filed my 2019 return as married filing jointly. Now I'm wondering if they will want the money back when I file next year. Lucky my check was already pitifully small.

Not only that. I got a $100 stimulus check based on my 2018 tax return. I was married to a Thai in 2019. Unfortunately I had already filed my 2019 return as married filing jointly. Now I'm wondering if they will want the money back when I file next year. Lucky my check was already pitifully small.

I don't think so, as you qualified based on 2018, which is one of qualifying periods.
Imagine, if a person gets it, and then dies (which will happen a lot just naturally).

Many disabled adults and college students were left out, too. There are college students who pay taxes and won't get a stimulus check, nor will their parents get a dime of stimulus $.

Perhaps most troubling is the fact that the stimulus package completely left out dependent, disabled adults. Of course disabled dependent adults have no need of stimulus $ . (Eyeroll) but healthy dependent kids were pegged for $500 each.

How we treat our most vulnerable populations is a strong reflection of our values. Sad state of affairs.

Last edited:
Well if they send one to Pops who died 6 years ago I'm depositing it into the trust account that I kept open for just such events.

Dedicated tax advice is costly and free to all interested, all it takes is resources, time & effort.

Why cut short enjoying the markets returns for an insurance providers contract outside a SPIA?

Good luck & best wishes.

That's OK don't both your kids get monthly SS checks? Things tend to even out in the end, actually you still come out ahead on this one.

What? No pity for the poor taxpayers who show excessive income and thus remain unstimulated?

445eab2bb8c7d70419e912c9ca1ecad8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom