Not Retired tab question

dlgobeavs

Confused about dryer sheets
This tab asks for the year you plan to retire, and the expected annual contribution in the years before retirement.

My question is this: Does the expected contribution input need to include expected gains on current investments, or just additional capital added to my total?

I guess I am really asking if Firecalc calculates expected market gains between current date and expected retirement date for the funds included in the Start Here tab?

Thanks!!

Dave

Just additional capital added/year to your portfolio.

FireCalc does not calculate expected market gains between current date and expected retirement date. It does not predict the future. It backtests your situation using historical results. "FIRECalc analyzes what would have happened if you retired in 1871, in 1872, in 1873 and so on, up to (2023 - the years duration of your retirement).

Just additional capital added/year to your portfolio.

FireCalc does not calculate expected market gains between current date and expected retirement date. It does not predict the future. It backtests your situation using historical results. "FIRECalc analyzes what would have happened if you retired in 1871, in 1872, in 1873 and so on, up to (2023 - the years duration of your retirement).

Thanks. That's really a vote for me to estimate my actual portfolio upon retirement date.

Back
Top Bottom