Novel Use for Dryer Sheets

GMueller

Dryer sheet aficionado
I can't resist posting this . . . a novel use for dryer sheets! I can't vouch for this, but a fellow on another board I frequent swears it works . . . his post in relevant part:

No More Mosquitoes
Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes
away.

We have no mosquitoes where I presently live so I'd love to know whether it actually works.

We don't have any mosquitoes either but I would be interesting in hearing if this works.

I know it's heresy, but dryer sheets are pretty toxic. The fragance component coats your clothes and the heat of the dryer gets the toxins into the air. If you have any sort of allergy problems, there are other ways to destatic your clothing.

Personally, I don't use them or room deoderizers, and I certainly wouldn't be carrying one around in my pockets. You are basically coating your clothes and skin with petroleum residue.

Just my $.02. But I would recommend some independent research.

actually the dryersheet thing does work for Mayflies Not sure if they have those everywhere or not. I used to be in the lawn care business when I was in High School and a dryer sheet in the back of your hat sure kept them away. Not sure about mosquitoes

GMueller said:
We have no mosquitoes where I presently live so I'd love to know whether it actually works.

Someone in your neighborhood must have a dryer sheet in their pocket!

Mike D.

Back
Top Bottom