Now is your chance to live on a ship - Not Anymore!

Even if this was a 100% legitimate enterprise, it's likely most of the buyers are up there in age. 3 years is a long time, and there's at minimum a reasonable chance of illnesses/new disease diagnoses/injuries that could require leaving the ship, with nowhere to live while in recovery.

Last edited:
It’s hard to feel sorry for folks who buy into things like this. We are told buyer beware, but things like this happen all the time.

I'd rather spend 3 years in prison than 3 years on a cruise ship.
ummmmm...if those were my only two choices, I'd be saying "anchors aweigh, where's my Pina Colada!" Prison seems, I don't know....suboptimal.

Even if this was a 100% legitimate enterprise, it's likely most of the buyers are up there in age. 3 years is a long time, and there's at minimum a reasonable chance of illnesses/new disease diagnoses/injuries that could require leaving the ship, with nowhere to live while in recovery.

Good point but I'd assume that you could leave the ship at port and fly "home" to family/friends/superior medical whenever the need would arise and then meet the ship later on. You can be anywhere in the world in 24 hours.

Like one might do with a second home, nothing says you have to stay there for three years and I'd presume that many had planned to utilize the opportunity that way, rather than an all or nothing approach. I wonder what percentage actually sold their main residence.

If it were me, that's how I'd do it. Much like a second home, be at home from time to time, drop in at the ship when it is going somewhere warm/ interesting/exciting for a month or two or three, rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
I'd rather spend 3 years in prison than 3 years on a cruise ship.

I've never lived in prison or on a ship, but I have visited both. Trust me, the ship would likely be better. YMMV

How about a little of both? You could live on a prison ship!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernon_C._Bain_Correctional_Center

1280px-Vernon_C_Bain_Correctional_Center.jpg

For the same reason, "pre-construction pricing" on condos and homes always spooked me.

Was thinking the same thing. Lots of crazy stories involving condo pre-sales in the ridiculous Vancouver housing market. And have been reading about the situation in China where people are unable to get their money back while their condos aren't getting built.
You put money down on spec but you're at the mercy of the cruise organizer or condo developer who typically has the right to make changes per the contract or at worst fails to deliver.

That's actually cheap for what you get. I would be worried that it'll go bankrupt while you're out to sea.

+1

Even if a 3 year cruise sounds wonderful, what happens if the novelty wears off after 6 months or a year?

Would there be a bailout option?

It’s hard to feel sorry for folks who buy into things like this. We are told buyer beware, but things like this happen all the time.

Nazi Germany sold hundreds of thousands of VW Beetles with subscription stamps (fill up your subscription book with 5 Reichmark stamps each week. When your book is full in 3 1/2 years (1000RM), you get a VW. BUT not a single VW was ever delivered to a civilian during the war.

Trust but verify.

Even if a 3 year cruise sounds wonderful, what happens if the novelty wears off after 6 months or a year?

Sure, you leave - they keep your money.

You could probably sell your share in the ship - you know - like a time share.:cool:

You could probably sell your share in the ship - you know - like a time share.:cool:

Really a person is just renting the space for 3 years, and I'm sure the company would have rules about subletting not being allowed, or they get a big cut of the sublet.

Since it's a ship, the rules don't have to follow standard "American" or even "European" rental rules.

Interesting thought . . .

Really a person is just renting the space for 3 years, and I'm sure the company would have rules about subletting not being allowed, or they get a big cut of the sublet.

Since it's a ship, the rules don't have to follow standard "American" or even "European" rental rules.

My response (time share) was supposed to be funny as most time shares are only resold to the original seller - not to the public (no one wants them.) My mom and dad had two different time shares in their life times. They got back about 20% of their money by selling them back. NO ONE bid on them when offered on the open market. YMMV

My response (time share) was supposed to be funny as most time shares are only resold to the original seller - not to the public (no one wants them.) My mom and dad had two different time shares in their life times. They got back about 20% of their money by selling them back. NO ONE bid on them when offered on the open market. YMMV

Could not tell it was a joke.
When I sold my TS back to the company, I paid them the $250 legal fee. To me TimeShares are to be avoided, unless I don't like my heirs :LOL:

Lucky for me, I had bought mine resale for $1K, and got many years of use, so wasn't much of a loss.

Could not tell it was a joke.
When I sold my TS back to the company, I paid them the $250 legal fee. To me TimeShares are to be avoided, unless I don't like my heirs :LOL:

Lucky for me, I had bought mine resale for $1K, and got many years of use, so wasn't much of a loss.

My poor parents (not poor - broke, more like poor - unfortunate, bad investors) walked both properties the day they bought them. That was it. I had to do all the w*rk of getting rid of them. Thanks a lot, mom and dad.:facepalm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom