Of vegetables, I eat more xxxx ... (poll)

Vegetable eaten most

• Potato

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Tomato

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Lettuce/Salad Greens

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Cabbage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Broccoli

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Cauliflower or other brassica

• Spinach/Pot Greens

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Carrot

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Celery

• Summer Squash

• Winter Squash

• Other

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Onion

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Too hard to decide. This is like picking which one is your favorite animal or child. I love them all...

For years, once a week or so I'll make a big salad from a head of lettuce, pound of carrots, one cucumber, two green peppers, bunch of celery, two tomatoes, and one or two red onions. Chop it all up and put it in the giant-size Tupperware bowl and eat off that one meal a day for a week. Topped with sharp cheddar cheese and usually grilled chicken, but sometimes tuna or grilled salmon. Usually no dressing, but sometimes lemon juice.

A nuked potato is a good quick meal when pressed for time.

I have been eating alot of eggplant this summer - the lil buggers in our garden are making them faster than we can eat them! We have been making super easy eggplant parmesan all with stuff from the garden - other than the cheeses of course......
We also have had a huge crop of tomatoes, onions and jalepenos this year(lots of salsa) the squashes are alomost ready - I will miss the garden this winter!

I am not sure how I would narrow it down. I only tend to eat meat occasionally and I love variety.

Tomatoes and potatos tend to be in a lot of dishes I make so maybe they would be my top 2?

I checked pot greens because kohl crops grow great here and I grow as much of our food as possible. Kale and collards and chard (which is actually in the beet family and more demanding, it gets the sunniest part of the garden). I wish spinach did better here, it bolts in the midnight sun.
When I was a kid you couldn't have forced this stuff down me, but now it tastes good, especially with addition of garlic/red pepper/tomato sauce/cheese/pasta in varying quantities.
What we don't eat in the summer I blanch and put in the freezer for soup and sauce all winter.

Big fan of spinach, lasts longer in the fridge than lettuce, and it wilts down nicely in a frying pan after the chicken or what-have-you is done cooking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom