Olympic Peninsula

bigwonderfulwyoming - Don't forget to take your long pants and a jacket!

My aunt and uncle have lived in Silverdale for 40 years and seem to like it.

2B,

Same Ivar.

Still busy, I see. Same here.

I didn't work downtown but it was one of his relatives that was screwing up our restuarant while pretending to be the manager while banging the waitresses (that I didn't get around to and some of those I did). He taught me not to "x" the help.

BWWyo, how was your trip? If you are still in the 'hood let me know.

BWWyo, how was your trip? If you are still in the 'hood let me know.

The visit was great- we liked the OP,but waterfront inventory in Silverdale/Bremerton was pretty dated, overpriced, a lot of estate sales- kids in Seattle, trying to get Seattle $ for Bremerton properties. Some of them were tear-downs on nice lots, on the market for over a year, overpriced by at least 200K...We found a few nice newer waterfront properties between Silverdale and Keyport that looked interesting- will be going back in a couple of weeks to look around some more- we are flying into Spokane for a wedding, then driving over the North Cascades Hwy, spending a few days on the OP, then working our way back to Spokane for the return flight

Price wise there is a lot of 'it isn't happening here' out there. If you find a sound older home in a location you like I wouldn't prefer it to a newer one. With an older home you can see the defects, newer construction hasn't proved itself, IMHO. Realtor schlemieltor, a very good local home inspector can be your best friend.

a bit more on the weather, etc.

We lived in Port Angeles a few years ago when my wife's parents were there (they're now in Anacortes). Earlier poster's descriptions of the town ring true: working person's place with real character, some decent restaurants, a nice bookstore, couple of coffeehouses. It is very remote and trips to Seattle will be an occasional thing unless you can afford to fly.

We moved there from Colorado and while there is not a ton of rain it is very grey most of the time and quite windy as well (and I am talking about summer). I remember reading in "Retirement Places Rated" that Anacortes, statistically, is the cloudiest place in the lower 48; PA would not be far behind, and Sequim though sunnier is cool as well.

The forests nearby are gorgeous but as most are national parks you can't bring your dog, if that's and issue. And there are very nasty ground-dwelling wasps in all the nearby areas. For us, that plus the weather and remoteness made us beat a hasty retreat, but it is a very beautiful area if you love the sea and don't need warmth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom