Pennsylvania updated their ACA exchange this past weekend

PaunchyPirate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Pennsylvania automatically applied updated ACA subsidy data to the Pennie.com (our ACA exchange) website over the weekend. In early May, they enabled it so you could manually go in and resubmit your annual application to get the higher monthly premium going forward. I did that and increased my premium by $105 per month. This past weekend, they applied additional subsidies to make up for the fact that the new laws make higher subsidies retroactive back to the beginning of the year. It appears we do not need to manually resubmit the application. My subsidy increased by an additional $107 for the remainder of the year. Hopefully, I will see that reflected in my July premium. I will see that bill in a couple weeks. I’m a happy camper.

Last edited:
Since I decided to make a Roth conversion this year, I will be paying more for HI. With no cliff to avoid, it makes sense to do this in 2021 and 2022, and beef up our cash for 2023. I talked to a Pennie rep who said I could just increase the amount I’m paying monthly. It will all be squared away on our tax return anyway.

It was easy to do.

I am also in Pennsylvania. I didn’t submit any changes, and it appears that my subsidized premium has dropped from $98.57/month to $1.37! This is for a Gold plan with a $1000 deductible.

I am also in Pennsylvania. I didn’t submit any changes, and it appears that my subsidized premium has dropped from $98.57/month to $1.37! This is for a Gold plan with a $1000 deductible.

Nice! My Gold plan with a $1000 deductible now has a monthly premium of $113. I can live with that!

Back
Top Bottom