Pitch for VIDGO Streaming Service

RonBoyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I am posting this for selfish reasons. It took quite a bit of research before I subscribed to VIDGO and don't want see it fail.

https://mailchi.mp/f2dbeffeca74/flixed-newsletter-is-vidgo-doomed-to-fail?e=a0aaa5aaeb

Streamer's Spotlight: Is Vidgo Doomed to Failure?

Ostensibly, Vidgo is offering a fairly interesting package that's worth exploring. And considering it has most of the must-have channels available on fuboTV, with the added bonus of ESPN, it's certainly one sports fans might enjoy.

Packages are fairly hefty, especially American networks, with over 60-80+ networks. You can get a large bundle of American networks for $39.99.

But cracking this market comes down to money. And Vidgo likely doesn't have a lot of it to pump into advertising and getting its name out there. As well, it's competing against much bigger names like YouTube TV and Hulu with Live TV, as well as long-time entrants like Sling TV. All of these services are being bankrolled by much larger corporations.

https://www.vidgo.com/

VIDGO Channels

ACC ESPN
A&E
AHC (American Heros)
Animal Planet
Aspire
Baby
BeIN Sports
BTN (Big Ten Network)
Comedy Central
Cheddar Business
CMT Music
CMT
Cooking
Curiosity Stream
Destination America
Family
Disney
Disney Jr
Discovery
Disney XD
ESPN Goal Line/Bases Loaded
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPN E
ESPN U
ESPN News
Fox Business
Fox News
Food Network
FF (FreeForm)
FS1
FS2
Fox Departes
FX
FXM
FXX
FYI
Game Show
Hallmark Drama
Hallmark
HGTV
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
History
ID (Investigation Discovery)
INSP
Lifetime
LMN (Lifetime Movies)
LHN (Long Horn Network
MAV TV
Motor Trend
MTV
MTV2
NFL Network
National Geographic
NICK Jr
NICK
NICK Toons
OWN (Oprah Winfrey)
PAC 12
Paramount
SCI (Science Channel)
SEC Network (ESPN)
Stadium
TLC (The Learning Channel)
Teen Nick
Travel Channel
TV Land
UP TV
VH1
Viceland

Might consider this during non baseball season.

Seems kinda pricey at $40 for no DVR, no on-demand, no locals, no regional sports, and not much news.

I suppose if one had OTA (we don't), this might be a somewhat more balanced alternative to other sports-heavy services like Fubo. But with no regional Fox sports, that's a non-starter for us.

On Amazon, the Vidgo app gets 2.1 stars. People seem to dislike the interface and the picture quality. Seems like it's very new and maybe got released a little before it was ready.

Back
Top Bottom