Votes: 98 45.0%
  • A tabletop-sized real tree

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • A tabletop-sized artificial tree

Votes: 34 15.6%
  • Other/none

Votes: 50 22.9%

• Total voters
I have a 20+ year old fiber optic light tree. I bought it at the Chinese booth at the Nurnberg Christmas market in 2001. It was quite novel then. I love it - it is table top size. It uses 220v, so I bought a transformer to use it in the USA :) It uses a spinning disk with different colored arcs that then are used to send light beams through the fiber optic 'wires', so the tree slowly shimmers through different colors. I've seen quite a few trees nowadays that use the same technology only with regular shaped bulbs. It is easy to put up and take down, so I usually put it up every year. Other decorations include a cookie plate with a ceramic Santa on top of a small ski mountain and various other nick nacks. Also, I have some beautiful Christmas linens I bought in France. Easy decorations for me that take very little time to put up and take down.

DW and I took some of our old Christmas tree lights (the ones we haven't yet given away) and fashioned some Christmas displays for our Lanai windows. We drove into the valley last night and looked up at our building and, sure enough, we could see them from 3 blocks away. The little 2 ft. Christmas tree on the table in the lanai really did not show up. It was simply too small and sparse with the little twinkle lights of yore.

I haven’t had a tree in 10 years but this year had the bug. I bought a 5 ft one with lights on it. I have really been enjoying it and it will easily fit in a closet.

I haven’t had a tree in 10 years but this year had the bug. I bought a 5 ft one with lights on it. I have really been enjoying it and it will easily fit in a closet.

I really enjoy the Christmas tree lights. The timer turns them on just before we get up. It's nice being greeted by the bright, cheerful colors in the living room on these dark mornings.

Back
Top Bottom