Quackwatch: Site re. medical care

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I found this by accident and felt some would be interested in this:

quackwatch.com

It seems to cover such a wide variety of all kinds of subjects related to health issues from different types of health care professionals to types of care. It is worth your taking a minute to look at I felt. Scroll down the page for the wealth of information it contains. I found it interesting, anyway.

Thanks, OF.

One problem is that some people seize on unconventional health care subjects with a religious fervor. I dare not say anything about my wife's damn magnets, for example. Good thing they are harmless. (I haven't even had a credit card erased yet.)

Desperate people will grasp at straws, too. I am sure that I would. I am as crazy as anyone.

While much of what Barrett (the guy behind Quackwatch) denounces seems indeed highly dubious, I feel that he's a bit quick to dismiss things that aren't part of conventional medicine and isn't always balanced in his approach.

To me his site is useful, but I treat it like "one opinion amongst others" and don't blindly rely on his opinion.

Thanks, OF.

One problem is that some people seize on unconventional health care subjects with a religious fervor. I dare not say anything about my wife's damn magnets, for example. Good thing they are harmless. (I haven't even had a credit card erased yet.)

Desperate people will grasp at straws, too. I am sure that I would. I am as crazy as anyone.

Homeopathy?
Reiki?
Voodoo?

I guess folks do get desperate.

I really would like to believe some magic could cure my ills.

Back
Top Bottom